When Selena Gomez's birth parents divorced when she was just five years old, her working mother raised her as an only child. And while the Texas-born beauty has enjoyed much success at a very young age, she admits she didn't have an easy childhood but has come to terms with her parents' divorce.

"I just think it's really common nowadays, that you grow up in a single-parent household. I grew up like that, and I was fine. My dad was still in my life, so it was good," Selena told me when I sat down with her after seeing 'Monte Carlo,' her fun new movie. "I love that there's that message in the movie. Being able to be married into a family, which is so common, and having people you don't know like stepsisters and stepbrothers, and getting past the awkward stage. I think it was nice that we touched on that."