Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Katie Couric departs CBS

26 April 2011

Rate this article

Katie Couric has announced her departure from CBS 'Evening News' after months of speculation

Katie Couric has stepped down from her news anchor role.

The 54-year-old American journalist has announced her departure from CBS 'Evening News' after months of speculation about whether she would stay with the US network.

She said: "I have decided to step down from the CBS 'Evening News'. I'm really proud of the talented team on the CBS 'Evening News' and the award-winning work we've been able to do in the past five years in addition to the reporting I've done for '60 Minutes' and 'CBS Sunday Morning'.

In making the decision to move on, I know the 'Evening News' will be in great hands, but I am excited about the future.

"In making the decision to move on, I know the 'Evening News' will be in great hands, but I am excited about the future."

The television personality - who has made a guest appearance on 'Glee' playing herself - added that she wanted to move on to a position that would allow her to report on a wider range of stories.

She told People magazine: "I am looking at a format that will allow me to engage in more multi-dimensional storytelling.

"The bottom line is that I love doing all kinds of different stories. I have a lot of areas of interest and I want to be able to fulfill all of that."

The newswoman declined to reveal where she would be working next but has reportedly been approached by rival networks NBC, ABC and CNN.

Mariah OBrien Izabella Miko Samantha Morton Claudette Ortiz Gina Carano

No comments:

Post a Comment