Friday, April 22, 2011

Camp Rock star Demi Lovato: I'll always have an eating disorder

Disney teen Demi Lovato says she's constantly thinking about food

Demi Lovato | Celebrity fashion hits  | Pictures | Best dressed | Photos | Now magazine

Demi Lovato has had a difficult year

Demi Lovato has revealed the real reason she checked into rehab last year - she has an eating disorder.

At the time of the Camp Rock star's admission to the clinic in November 2010 her reps claimed she was being treated for 'emotional and physical issues'.

But Demi, 18, finally feels strong enough to reveal the actual nature of her problems and to open up about her relationship with food.

'Yes, there have been times when I definitely have been tempted to get rid of my dinner,' she admits.

'But I will deal with it for the rest of my life because it's a life-long disease.

'I don't think there's going to be a day when I don't think about food or my body, but I'm living with it, and I wish I could tell young girls to find their safe place and stay with it.'

Demi left rehab in January and has since had the words Stay Strong inked on her wrist.�

'I have come to realise that just making yourself happy is most important,' she tells 17 magazine. 'Never be ashamed of what you feel.

'You have the right to feel any emotion that you want and to do what makes you happy. That's my life motto.'

SEE PICTURES The top 20 teen idols>>

Esme Riley

Jennifer Aniston Jules Asner Brooke Burns Rachel Perry Marisa Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment